Monday, September 19, 2011

Christopher & Sarah Powell  08/2011
Fish and I have been together since 2001. We met through some dear friends spring of 2001 and it was LOVE at first sight for the both of us! XO I knew by that summer I was head over heels for this 19 year old stud and I told my mom I was going to marry him. And I DID! But first Fish would NOT marry me till he got his Bachelors degree from WSU. SO he worked hard and he got it. AND then....I got HIM!! We were married in 10/2005 we had the most beautiful wedding at The Red Moose ski lodge up in Eden, UT. It was a fall wedding and everything was gorgeous. For the next 3 years we both worked very hard. Fish got his Masters of Accountancy from WSU and I worked doing my Massage Therapy and a few other jobs here and there in the medical field. Then in the summer of 2008 we had our first baby girl Bridgette Nicholle. Our lives have never been the same since! :) Bridge is fun, crazy and very independent. Very much like her dad. For the next 2 years Fish worked very hard and long hours at the accounting firm in SLC Ernst and Young. I was lucky enough to be able to stay at home with Bridge for these 2 years. Then in the fall of 2009 the economy was going downhill fast and we decided it would be a good time to put our first little home on the market. We had a few bites and SOLD in the spring of 2010. We hit it perfectly I don't think we would have sold if we would have waited...We then moved in with Fish's parents for a few months and waited to see what Fish wanted to do with his career. He wasn't sure if he wanted to stay with the firm or move on. Fish looked around and he even looked out of state. There wasn't allot out there with the economy a mess people were losing their jobs and the positions Fish was looking for those people were hanging on. SO he decided to stay with the firm and stay in UT. About a week after he decided to stay a friend showed us a house he felt we would be interested in....WELL he was right we fell in LOVE and put in an offer. Long well short story short we closed in less than a month and had our dream home. We moved in summer of 2010. Its a beautiful ranch/rambler in Pleasant View with a huge back yard and lost of room to grow in. AND WELL we did pretty fast :) We got pregnant that fall and had our sweet Samuel summer of 2011. SO now here we are fall of 2011 in our beautiful new home my amazing 3 year old daughter and my new son. Now Fish and I have been together for 10 years and there are lots of details and events that occurred in between the main ones listed above and I hope to fill in the blanks in later posts :) So as for our Newest news of all Fish was just offered a new job a few days ago. We were very blessed to be able to work for the firm and there is no way we would be where we are today without that step in our lives. BUT the "firm" life is not for us. It is very very long hours and way too much time away from home and family. SO with that said for the exciting news....Fish applied for a job that is in Ogden which is so much closer to home. And well he got it. Fish will be starting as the new Internal Auditor for The Bank of Utah staring about the 10th of Oct. This is an opportunity that NEVER happens and we knew we had to jump at it with everything we had :) We are so excited. NO weekends, 9-5 bankers hours and NO out of town business trips. This will be very good for our kids while they are young. So this is where I would like to start our new family blog..... Here we go....ENJOY!! ~Sarah

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Yay!! I'm so happy Fish got that job! I know you really wanted him to get it. It will make things much better for you guys :)
I love your blog. Looks really cute and the pictures are darling!!

Emily said...

That is so great that Fish will get to be home so much more! Love the blog updates and all the darling pics ♥

Sarah Cox said...

Great summary of your marriage so far! That was a great way to re-start this blog! Good luck on staying on top of it. This reminds me that I haven't blogged for awhile. I better go do it right now!