Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011




Happy Turkey Day....
Well we normally switch it up every other year. We go to the Powell's and then to the Halversons the next year. Last year things got a little mixed up. The Powells went to MX and we had Thanksgiving at our house with the Halversons because it was our first year in our new house. SO we couldn't decide where to go and what to do. SO seeing how this was Sam's first we decided to go to both :) We went to the Powells first and it was crazy fun as always. This made Bridge very very happy she loves to be around all the older girls. AlsoFish's sisters were able to see Sam. Then off to the Halversons where it is usually low key and quiet. Nikki and Aiden joined us this year at my moms. Nikki and I took Bridge and Aiden to the movie The Muppet's. It was a little on the long side for the kids but I L.O.V.E.D. it!!!! Brought back so many good memories. So since we went to both parents this year I decided to start a fun new tradition this year. Fish and Bridge LOVED it. Thanksgiving Day breakfast with Turkey shaped pancakes. I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out BUT.......they did! They were super cute and fun and huge hit. Bridge liked all the left over colored pancake mix and had a side of rainbow pancakes :) All and All we had a great day. Thanks to The Nana's & The Papa's for having us over and cooking us amazing food. This year I really put some thought into what I am Thankful for. I don't think I have really done this before. Sure we are all thankful for different things and its easy to just say family and friends. BUT this year for some reason about a week before it just kinda hit me what I am most thankful for. I am most thankful for this year and well pretty much everyday is my HEALTH! I think of all the daily things I am so very BLESSED to do because I am healthy and for that I am so so very thankful. I need to start remembering this when I get frustrated with my life,kids husband etc. that if I were sick all the things I take for granted DAILY.
    



2 comments:

Netty said...

Hahahaha!!! I was logged in as Whitney. She thinks you're an awesome mommy too.

Emily said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. Love the turkey pancakes!